Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Never in my life

Um, you will never believe what happened to me today. My husband and I always (almost always) go to the post office together just because we're running errands or whatever. Well, today I went to the post office alone and wouldn't you know it, something happened. Something big. Something crazy. It was one of those moments that you really wish someone was with you so that they will believe your story kind of thing. So here goes...

Normally I print my postage at home and then just drop it off it the chute, but I had to stand in line today. I walk into the post office and the line is like crazy long, but what are you gonna do? So, I am patiently waiting my turn unlike a gentlemen (and I use that word very loosely) a couple of people ahead of me. It was very evident that this mans patience was wearing very thin waiting in that long line. He kept sighing really loud and making faces and shuffling his feet, you get the picture. All of the sudden he starts YELLING, "WHEN IS ANYONE GONNA HELP ME?" I mean screaming. I kind of felt like I was on candid camera or something like this cannot be happening.

Finally he gets called and the postal worker asks how she can help him and this man busts out with a folder full of complaint letters he's written to the post office and he DEMANDS to be heard. He was OUT OF CONTROL so much that I felt like he could've been packing heat. I just knew he was about to whip out a gun and was wondering if I should duck and cover. At first everyone in line was kind of giggling and rolling their eyes like whatever, but after awhile you could see the fear settling in. This man was on a mission and it was very scary. I'm not just talking about yelling, he was screaming bloody murder. Dude! Seriously?

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh no! How'd they get rid of him??? I had a visit to the post office also today but no drama. Well, except I was getting quite impatient because this foreign man kept talking to the lady about the election that went down. He wouldn't quit talking and she was the only person helping people with a long line. I hate going to the post office. Seriously hate it. But I sent you something so it's worth it! hahaha

Kristie said...

Jamie~he was still there when I finally managed to get out of there. When he brought out all the letters, he started reading them out loud and was using the people in line as an audience. He was screaming THE POST OFFICE SUCKS as well as some other choice words. Total nutjob.

Meg said...

Oh my! I guess I am lucky living in a small town, there are never any lines at the post office and the people behind the counter have worked there forever and alway know what you need! I went to the post office this morning and I was out of there in abouut 5 minutes! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
xoxo~Meg

Unknown said...

wow I would have been scared to death!

Sonja said...

Oh my goodness!! I would have ran out of there! Some people are just so crazy and rude! I am horrible about going to the post office, its such a pain! I still have Christmas gifts to send out haha.

Melissa said...

Hahaha! I have seen so many people freak out at post offices here. It can be so frustrating to wait in line for what feels like hours.

I feel bad for the postal workers. His letters are much better directed to the Postmaster General than a postal worker.

Lindsay said...

wow, I just got chills reading this. I would have been so scared. I normally go by myself but I had to bring my daughter with me and 9 packages on Monday>.< I'm glad nothing bad happened. I guess people get a little crazy at this time of the year. I know I get annoyed when I have mail issues (which has been happening a lot lately) but I would never walk in to a post office and make a scene!! I would prolly just complain and vent to the hubs, hehehe
xoxo,
Lindsay

Lesli said...

Wow! He really gives true meaning to the phrase "going postal". But I am so glad you are okay and nothing happened to you or anyone else. You just never know.