Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mean People Suck

So, I got up today and did a few things around the house and decided I needed to make a trip to the grocery store. The weather is supposed to get rotten again sometime this week and I just wanted to make sure I have everything I needed on hand. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, put on some makeup and a velour sweatsuit and headed out the door.


I usually shop at Wal-Mart just because it's a one stop shop, but today I needed some groceries at Market Street. This particular grocery store is a little too expensive for my taste, but they do have quality goods and a great deli/bakery section I might add.


You know when you get to the grocery store, many times there are other folks coming in alongside you to do their shopping as well. Which means they will more than likely be shopping on the same aisles as you throughout the entire store. This happened to me today. It didn't bother me, and I wasn't aware it was bothering anyone else until aisle 5.


It's just one of those things, I was shopping on one aisle and this lady would wheel her cart around and there I was. She was shopping on another aisle and I would wheel my cart around and there she was. No big deal. I come around the corner on aisle 5 and this is what she said to me......



WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME? EVERYTIME I TURN AROUND, THERE YOU ARE!



I honestly couldn't believe what I had just heard. I didn't know what to say, I just froze. Like a deer in the headlights type reaction. Are you seriously suggesting that I am following you lady? What the hell?


I just rolled my eyes at her and hauled ass over to the other side of the store. I grabbed a few more things and quickly moved toward the check out counter. I didn't even get everything on my list. I let that woman get the better of me. Now, that I am at home, I can think of things I should've said or how I could've reacted. You know hindsight is 20/20. I just can't believe some people can be so mean.


I'm not suggesting that people aren't allowed to speak their mind, but I didn't do anything to this woman, I was just trying to get my groceries just like her. Oh well.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh my gosh... seriousy some people are so rude. I can nt belive the way some people act. Like today in the post office I had a huge bag of the vday cards from the swap and a toddler on my hip as wel as a heavy purse and people sighing at me??? Like I want to be there with a fussy child and 23 packages... LOL.. I always end up shopping with the same people in the grocery store (same aisles and such) it happens.. I know it was one of those "should've said" moments, ugh hate those... giving you non-mean people hugs from afar :)
xoxo,
Lindsay
P.S. sorry so long

Jamie said...

Oh, I'm sorry you had to deal with that today, honey!!!! Mean people definitely suck! I've dealt with a handful of them today as well. I just can't stand them. I want to scream at them to make myself feel better. I'm sorry!! Try not to dwell on it too much. Think happy thoughts!! Sending you GREAT BIG HUGS!!!!! xoxo

Sonja said...

Oh my gosh, I would have thrown a ham at her (ok not really, but its a good thought)! Some people are ridiculous with what they say, maybe she is crazy paranoid!! I'm sorry you had to deal with that crazy woman!!!

Sonja said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA soda is the WORST thing that could come through your nose!!!! On the bright side everything will smell like Dr. pepper for you now ;)

Emilie Lynne said...

I got your birthday card today! Thank you!!!! Easily made my day :)

I know EXACTLY what you mean about mean mean people! I work in the pharmacy and we are getting a bad snow storm tonight, so obviously we were crazy busy right before the snow started. I had a woman drop off a prescription for birth control and ask if she could wait for it. I said "I'm sorry ma'am, but we have about 10 customers ahead of you so the wait might be an hour..." she started screaming at me and I was like... "These prescriptions are for SICK KIDS! Go home!" Well, I said it in my head... but I just let her yell at me. I wasn't sure what to say! Ugh!